Hello All! As summer’s end approaches, I want to squeeze the last little bit of my favorite season! This salad is perfect for when temperatures are still warm. Cool, crisp watermelon contrasts perfect with salty feta and tangy citrus from the jalapeño vinaigrette. You can prep the salad and dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge until ready to serve. Drizzle the dressing and add the feta and mint just before serving. Enjoy!
· 1 large red grapefruit
· 1 large jalapeño pepper
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· Juice and zest of 2 limes
· Flaked sea salt (Maldon)
1 bunch watercress
· 1 bunch arugula
· 2 cups cubed cold watermelon
· 1 large ripe but firm avocado
· ½ cup cubed feta
· A handful of chopped mint leaves
1. Make dressing: combine the juice of the watermelon, the sliced jalapeño, the juice and zest of the limes, and the olive oil and salt in a small bowl.
2. Arrange watercress, arugula, avocado, watermelon and feta on a serving platter. Salad may be refrigerated at this point for a few hours.
3. Before serving, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the chopped mint.