Here is a composed salad I love to make with whatever greens I have handy. My healthier version of green goddess dressing comes together quickly in a blender and is so good you will want to use it over fresh or grilled veggies, chicken and seafood.
· 1 cup wheatberries
· ½ cup shelled chopped pistachios
· 1 bunch broccolini, halved lengthwise
· 1 cup snow peas
· 1 hothouse English cucumber, sliced lengthwise
· 1 large avocado
· microgreens or sunflower shoots
Healthier Green Goddess Dressing
· ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
· ¼ cup sour cream
· 1 garlic clove
· ½ cup chopped flatleaf parsley
· ½ chopped fresh chives
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· salt & pepper to taste
1. Toast pistachios lightly in dry pan or oven.
2. Prepare wheatberries to package instructions. Set aside.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil and lightly blanch broccolini and snow peas, about 30 seconds.
4. Rinse broccolini under cold water and pat dry.
5. Using a vegetable peeler, make ribbons out of the cucumber.
6. Make green goddess dressing by combining ingredients in a blender until smooth.
7. Arrange vegetables with sliced avocado and cucumber on serving platter, top with wheatberries and pistachios and microgreens and drizzle with dressing.