· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· ¼ cup olive oil
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· 2 tablespoons harissa
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· Juice and zest of 2 oranges and 2 limes
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 3 cans drained chickpeas (save the liquid)
· ¾ cup liquid from the chickpeas (more if needed)
· 1 cup tahini
· ½ cup pumpkin pure
· ½ cup lemon juice
· Zest of 1 lemon
· 2 minced garlic cloves
· 2 lbs. rainbow (or regular) carrots
· 2 sliced oranges
· Chopped and toasted hazelnuts and chopped parsley for garnish
· 1 teaspoon of salt
· 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and place carrots and orange rounds on top.
2. Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the carrots. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the hummus by mixing all of the ingredients in a food processor until a smooth consistency is reached. Add more of the chickpea liquid if necessary. Taste and adjust seasonings.
4. Spread hummus on a serving platter and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Place carrots on top and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and parsley for garnish.