Gazpacho is the perfect soup for hot summer days! Traditionally a blend of tomato, bell pepper and other veggies, this soup originated in the Andalusian region of Spain and is widely prepared during the hot summer months in Spain and Portugal. My green gazpacho is a twist on the traditional version but equally refreshing and crisp!
· 4 peeled and seeded cucumbers
· 1 cup water
· 1 ½ cups green grapes
· a few spinach leaves for color
· 1 garlic clove
· ½ cup of good olive oil
· 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Pepitas and pomegranate seeds for garnish
1. Blend all ingredients except garnishes in a blender for about a minute or until smooth. Cool for a few hours or overnight.
2. Serve very cold with pepitas or pomegranate seeds.
3. Can also be served with crab or cooked shrimp for a heartier version of the soup.