· 2 medium acorn squash
· 1 tablespoon honey
· ¾ cup unsweetened coconut chips
· ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
· ½ cup chopped cilantro
· 1 tablespoon lemon zest
· 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
· 3 tablespoons melted olive or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 425* F
2. Slice squash and place on baking sheet. Use your fingers to rub with oil and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden.
4. In a dry pan, toast coconut chips over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
5. In a small bowl, place cilantro, chives, lemon zest, Aleppo pepper and coarse salt. Add cooled coconut chips and mix gently.
6. Serve acorn rings sprinkled with coconut mixture.