· 2-3 acorn squash
· 1 small bunch chopped kale or spinach
· Olive oil, salt and pepper for roasting
· 1 cup wild rice or farro
· 2 cups vegetable broth
· 2 cups chopped crimini mushrooms
· ½ yellow onion, chopped
· 2 tablespoons chopped sage
· 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
· 2 cloves of garlic, minced
· ½ cup dried cranberries
· ½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Slice acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. Spread with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
2. Prepare wild rice to package instructions, using vegetable broth in place of water.
3. In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons of olive oil and sauté onion until translucent. Add in crimini mushrooms, garlic and chopped sage and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7. Minutes to allow flavors to meld.
4. Add in the cranberries and chopped pecans and stir to combine.
5. Stir in the wild rice and fill the squash with the stuffing. Garnish with a few sprigs of thyme and serve.