· 2 large carrots, chopped
· 2 small fennel bulbs, chopped
· 1 red onion, chopped
· 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
· 1 cup farro
· Juice and zest of 1 lemon
· ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. On a baking sheet, combine the chopped veggies along with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast at 425*F for about 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a pan, prepare farro by bringing it and 2 ½ cups water to a boil and then reducing the heat to med-low, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
3. In a large bowl, combine warm farro with the roasted vegetables, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped herbs.