· 2 long (Japanese) eggplants
· 1/3 cup olive oil for brushing
· 1 bunch thyme
· 1 pomegranate or 1 small container pomegranate arils
· 1 teaspoon za’atar
· 1/3 cup labne
· 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 1-2 small garlic clove crushed
1. Split eggplants in half lengthwise. Make 3 or 4 incisions through each diagonally without piercing the skin; repeat on a 45* degree angle to create a crosshatch pattern.
2. Place eggplants cut-side up on baking sheet and brush with olive oil, sprinkle with the thyme and season with salt and pepper and a bit of za’atar.
3. Roast for 30-40 minutes at 200*F until tops are golden brown and the flesh is soft.
4. Remove from oven and cool down.
5. Wisk together sauce ingredients and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon sauce over eggplant, sprinkle with za’atar and pomegranate arils. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.