· 1 butternut squash, peeled and halved
· 2 tablespoons avocado oil
· 1 bunch fresh sage
· sea salt and pepper to taste
· 2 tablespoons maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/2 cup pecan halves
· 1 bunch kale
· ½ cup pomegranate arils
· ¼ cup pomegranate juice
· 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
· ½ chopped shallot
· 1 cup olive oil
· 1 teaspoon mustard
· 1 tablespoon honey
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375*F, and line a sheet tray with oil.
2. Score butternut squash and place on oiled sheet tray.
3. Drizzle the squash with oil and place sage leaves in between some of the slices. Sprinkle with salt. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
4. Prepare the vinaigrette by combining ingredients in a jar and shaking to combine.
5. In a large bowl, massage chopped kale and a bit of oil and salt.
6. While squash is in the oven, whisk together maple syrup, coconut aminos, cinnamon and pepper. At the 25-minute mark, brush squash with some of the mixture and continue to roast until tender and golden.
7. Combine the remaining maple mixture with the pecan halves and drizzle over squash. Bake for a couple more minutes and serve warm over massaged kale.
8. Drizzle vinaigrette over squash and kale and top with pomegranate arils.