Stacks are impressive to serve but are easy and versatile to make since you can use any grain or protein you have on hand. Ring molds are sold at restaurant supply stores or on Amazon.
· 1 cup cooked quinoa or rice
· 1 cup cooked crab meat or other protein, diced sashimi grade ahi or salmon works well
· ½ cup diced mango
· ¼ cup finely diced red onion
· ¼ cup finely diced red pepper
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
· salt and pepper to taste
· microgreens for garnish
1. In a small bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper and onion. Add in the sesame oil, tamari and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Place a ring mold on your serving plate and add in ½ cup of quinoa, pack the quinoa in gently. Without unmolding, follow with mango mixture, packing gently.
3. Add in crab and carefully unmold. Drizzle crab with remaining liquid from mango mixture and top with microgreens for garnish. Refrigerate or serve immediately.